How do we keep baby safe during your newborn session?
Safety has always been a priority for us during a newborn photography session! Here are some of the things I’ve always done and will continue to do for your in-home session to keep us all safe:
- props washed, sanitized and rotated (I have hundreds of different set ups!).
- I use specialty inserts, pillows and layers that are specifically made for newborn photography as well as weights inside the props if needed.
- lots of hand washing and hand sanitizer throughout your session
- newly dry cleaned outfit for me that I put on right before I leave my house, I have certain tops I only wear for newborn sessions
- remove shoes and wear clean non-slip yoga socks (these are my favorite)
- camera cleaned and sanitized in between clients
- Reschedule for illness (and ask you to do the same)
- I am fully vaccinated, including DTap, and only do one session per day and a few per week
- I watch for things during the session like: baby’s circulation, warmth (not too warm or too cold), head control (we support it at all times), flexibility and hunger cues
Now, we’ve added even more baby safe precautions which are in line with local COVID-19 recommendations:
- (update) I am fully vaccinated for COVID as of April 1.
- Mask for me and any adults present who are not being photographed at your request/dependent on your comfort/vaccination status and CDC guidelines.
- UV light to sanitize headbands and props that can’t be washed
- Spray all of our equipment in between clients with Lysol (including lighting stands, etc)
- Reduced amount of touching during family images by using more verbal guiding and pose modeling to increase social distancing
If you are interested in finding out more about our in-home sessions and how we’ll work to keep your family safe, be sure to fill out our contact form so we can be in touch.